Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Wash Me Away Once Again into the Muck of the Queen and the Streets that Over Run with Confusion

There's a crisp breeze to the early morn as I make my way across a drew kissed lawn towards my car and on to work. I since anticipation. Anticipation because of what is known and anticipation of knowing that nothing is known. I've done it before, but nothing is ever as it is remembered.

A lot in my life has changed since I last tread heavy on the streets and soaked it in. My perspective on myself has gone through an evolution as I have striven to come to terms with where I am headed, where I have been and those that join me on the journey. It's been a heavy load to bear along an uneasy path and I have failed to find the answers of which I seek.

I'm thirsty. I'm ready for the surge. I need to be washed over, lost, tossed about and strewn ashore again. For it's when we completely loose ourselves that we truly find ourselves. I've been looking hard as of late, so my compass is steadied and calibrated...but I don't plan to bring it on this journey. Just my soul, my gut and my know how. It's done me right before, I trust it will do it again.

There is no way to predict the man I will be when the water parts and my bones dried. I will know what I know when the time comes. When all that remains is myself and the ebb and flow of the downstream I no longer float, but direct now my course. I'm thirsty again.

Take me to the river, wash me in the water...for tomorrow I return to FOOD LION SPEEDSTREET!

No comments: